- This event has passed.
WHITE PLAINS – Summer Design|Tinker|Explore Camp @ Curious-on-Hudson
August 19 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, repeating until August 19, 2019
Take a week of summer (or more) and make it SPECIAL for your younger elementary aged student with Summer Design|Tinker|Explore Camp!
Monday – Friday, 9 am – 12 pm
Week 1, July 8-12: Toymaker’s Workshop and Calder’s Circus
Week 2, July 15-19: Davinci’s Studio
Week 3, July 22-26: Creative Technologist at Work
Week 4, July 28-Aug 2: Astronomy and Space
Week 5, August 5-9: Digging Around in Prehistoric Earth
Week 6, August 12-16: STEAMArt
Week 7, August 19-23 : Your Good Human Nature
Designed for Grades K – 2
In our Design|Tinker|Explore Camp, we use all sorts of hands-on learning activities to explore your child’s natural curiosity and love of MAKING things. There will be take home projects and activities done just at camp. There will be technology and non-technology. There will be coding and engineering and DIY projects and lots of science as well as learning about the intersection of art and science. Learn more about each week’s activities at this link.
Camp FAQS (Register below)
- Campers can repeat camp as different activities will be planned each week.
- A break is taken every day for 20 minutes. Campers bring their own nut-free snacks.
- Camp is limited to 12 students per session
- We aim for a mix of boys and girls in each session but do not control who registers. Some weeks are most boys than girls and vice-versa.
- Campers are mostly indoors for this enrichment program in an air-conditioned studio. We can take our break outdoors.
- Each week, campers explore science, technology, engineering, arts and MAKER activities organized under a central theme.
- Camp is staffed by Curious-on-Hudson staff with assistance from college students.
* Limited scholarships and financial aid are available. Sibling or multi-week discounts of 5% each can be applied to total enrollment fee. To apply the discount, enter the codes in the box during checkout. For sibling discount, use “SIBLING05” at checkout. For multiweek, use “MULTIWEEK05” at checkout. You must pay for camp at time of registration; if this is not possible for you for some reason, please email us for instructions (email@example.com)
- Children should expect to spend time on and off computers, doing projects by hand, learning some basic technologies including robotics, circuits, etc. as well as woodworking, natural sciences, environmental sciences, etc.
- We do allow some day each day for students to explore their own interests.